Today I created the v0.3.0 release tag of the HSMM-Pi project. The upgrade steps from v0.2.0 are pretty straightforward:
- cd ~pi/hsmm-pi
- git pull
- git checkout v0.3.0
- sh install.sh
Here are a few of the changes in the release:
- Advertise mesh services when the wired adapter is in WAN & LAN mode (previously only in LAN mode).
- Use raw sockets to retrieve OLSRD mesh statistics instead of using CURL (the OLSRD plugin does not produce HTTP 1.0/1.1 responses, so CURL is not the right tool for the job).
- Added a WiFi scanning action (Issue 8) to show nearby wireless networks.
- Derive the default WiFi IP address from the wireless adapter MAC address in a fresh installation similar to the behavior in Broadband-Hamnet.
- Better support for installation on the Ubuntu 12.04 on the Beaglebone.
Please file any defects or features requests in the Issues section of the Github project. Thanks!